local, attractions, hiking, skiing, best, western, Adirondack, inn, lake, placid, new, York, ny
FULL LIST OF LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
- Olympic Center: Home to 1980’s “Miracle on Ice” www.orda.org
- 1932 & 1980 Winter Olympic Museum
- Mirror Lake Beach
- Olympic Speedskating Oval
- Olympic Ski Jumps
- Whiteface Mountain Ski Center www.whiteface.com
- Whiteface Mountain Gondola and Highway (seasonal)
- High Falls Gorge www.highfallsgorge.com
- Olympic Sports Complex: Cross Country Skiing and Bobsled/Luge/Skeleton Track. Bobsled Rides available. www.orda.org
- Santa’s Workshop www.northpoleNY.com
- Golf : there are 4 18-hole golf courses within 5 miles of the Best Western Adirondack Inn. Discount packages are available.
- Hiking: There are 46 mountain peaks over 5000 ft in altitude, all with trails. There are also many, many less adventurous trails nearby.
- John Brown’s Farm
- The Wild Center: a State of the Art, Interactive Natural History Museum www.wildcenter.org
- Adirondack Museum: History of Man in the Adirondacks www.adirondackmuseum.org
- The History Museum (Lake Placid Historical Society)
- Robert L. Stevenson Cottage
- Pirates Cove Adventure Golf www.piratescove.net
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad www.Adirondackrr.com
- Main Street’s Shopping and Dining
- Swimming and Boating on the many lakes in the Adirondacks
YEAR-ROUND FUN IN NEW YORK’S OLYMPIC REGION
The Best Western Adirondack Inn in Lake Placid, New York, is all about fun-filled activities and taking advantage of the many things to see and do in the Lake Placid/High Peaks area and Adirondack Mountains. Whether it is indoors or outdoors, rest and relaxation or physical activities, we are sure that you will find the perfect activity for you in the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York.
At the Best Western Adirondack Inn itself, guests can make use of the fully-equipped fitness room or, on a more relaxing note, enjoy the Hot Tub, Sauna and heated, indoor swimming pool.
Mirror Lake and Mirror Lake Beach are right outside our back door! Take advantage of the swimming and sunbathing at this sandy beach where lifeguards are on duty.
Our Rock Garden area is a sun-drenched oasis of peacefulness in the Adirondacks. Enjoy the Waterfall Pond, or relax under one of the large umbrellas. Chairs, tables, and recliners are also provided at the Rock Garden.
The Adirondack Inn is conveniently and centrally located on Lake Placid, NY’s Main Street and in the immediate area surrounding the hotel travelers can walk the alpine streets of Lake Placid and indulge in the retail shopping, antiques and crafts shopping, galleries and the many dining options Lake Placid, NY has to offer.
Right across the street from the Best Western Adirondack Inn, guests can visit the Olympic Center, home to 1980’s “Miracle on Ice”, ice skating rinks and the speed skating oval. Mirror Lake, literally in our backyard, offers swimming, boating, hiking and fishing during the summer.
Winter guests to the Best Western Adirondack Inn will enjoy the Toboggan Chute and hockey and ice skating on frozen Mirror Lake.
Other attractions nearby include: the Olympic Training Center, Whiteface Mountain, the Ski Jump Complex, Bobsled and Luge Track, and Santa's Workshop theme park.
Visitors will enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, boating, downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, swimming, hockey, and ice skating and sledding, all close by. Lake Placid, NY is also home to several events throughout the year including the Ironman competition, Hockey Tournaments, Rugby and Lacrosse tournaments, America’s Cup and World Cup bobsled races, ice skating competitions, and Lake Placid and I Love NY Horseshows.
Whatever your interests, the Lake Placid/High Peaks region offers exciting experiences sure to satisfy your lifestyle and personal interests during your stay at the Best Western Adirondack Inn.